BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Dennis Abbe, Secretary, is a retired software developer who worked on early versions of Microsoft PowerPoint and Sun Microsystem’s News platform. email@example.com
- Rollie Atkinson is a lifelong journalist and the owner/publisher of The Healdsburg Tribune and two other community weekly newspapers in Sonoma County. He has served on many community non-profit boards over his 30 years as a Sonoma County resident. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Felix, Founder and Artistic Director. Jessica Felix has long dedicated herself to showcasing world-class jazz talent. She began producing jazz in Northern California in 1980 and has since founded the Eddie Moore Festival and co-founded the Oakland-based organization Jazz in Flight. Felix founded the Healdsburg Jazz Festival in 1999. email@example.com
- Linda Lebovics, Treasurer, as an accounting professional with early special emphasis on television and film production and distribution, Linda has spent the last 10 years as controller of an educational non-profit with just under 100 employees and a $10 million budget. Linda and her husband, Jeff Kross, are passionate about jazz and have been supporters of HJF since 2000. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark McMullen is a computer and small business consultant who has been doing business in Sonoma County for over 20 years. He previously served on a non-profit performing arts board and the Executive Committee of Healdsburg Performing Arts Theater. email@example.com
- Jack Raineault, Chair, retired as Director-Beverage Alcohol Law after a 30year career with Diageo and previously served on the Board of CancerCare of Connecticut. He has been an active volunteer with the Festival since moving to Sonoma County in 2015, volunteers at Legal Aid of Sonoma County and has been a lover of jazz for over 40 years. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gayle Okumura Sullivan, Executive Director, is the co-owner of Dry Creek Peach & Produce in Healdsburg. She directed marketing for a range of technology firms, including startups, and also worked with LINES Ballet. email@example.com
- Kathy Taylor, Vice Chair, has a 20-year background in executive recruitment for Silicon Valley startups and serves on the board of directors for Upwardly Global in San Francisco. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Felix, Founder and Artistic Director, responsible for artistic development and event production. Established as a single, three-day festival, Healdsburg Jazz has evolved into an acclaimed, year-round music-presenting and education organization with a national reputation for its innovative programming and capacity to present top jazz performers in a professional yet welcoming environment. The organization’s signature event, the 10-day Healdsburg Jazz Festival, draws thousands each June and over the years has presented hundreds of the world’s most esteemed artists, including more than 25 NEA Jazz Masters. By fostering close ties with non-profits, the business community and area residents, Jessica has strengthened Healdsburg Jazz’s long-term sustainability despite its distance from the urban centers that traditionally support jazz. In addition, the concert series and music education programs Jessica conceives and implements each year introduce thousands of youth and adults to jazz’s storied history and timeless values. The festival and the performance and education programs all advance Healdsburg Jazz’s mission to have music serve as a unifying force in an increasingly diverse Sonoma County.
Prior to founding Healdsburg Jazz, Jessica co-founded Jazz In Flight in Oakland, a concert-presenting organization to showcase adventurous, improvised music in the Bay Area. email@example.com
Gayle Okumura Sullivan. Gayle has been in Healdsburg for 19 years and is acknowledged as an important and active leader in the community. She has built a strong reputation as co-owner of nationally recognized Dry Creek Peach. Prior to which, she spent over 15 years in San Francisco and Silicon Valley leading marketing efforts for technology firms ranging from Fortune 500 companies like Hewlett-Packard to Advent Software. In the non-profit sector, Gayle was the first dedicated marketer for LINES Ballet in San Francisco. She has also taught at Golden Gate University.
Gayle brings business management, marketing expertise, organizational skills, financial experience, creativity, and a love and appreciation of jazz and the arts to Healdsburg Jazz and she looks forward to working for this world-class organization as it heads into its 22nd season and expands in the future. Also, her son Patrick is a drummer and he got his start with Healdsburg Jazz. She is a firm believer in the transformative power of music and jazz. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josep Miàs, Office Manager, email@example.com
LEGAL SERVICES & GENERAL COUNSEL
- The Law Offices of James F. DeMartini, Esq.