History of the Healdsburg Jazz Festival
Founded in 1999, the Healdsburg Jazz Festival presents an annual 10-day music event in Sonoma County, featuring jazz legends and up-and-comers from the centers of jazz inspiration. Here are direct link to some recent festivals and other archival material. (Because of technical issues some of the internal links, including ticket links, may not work.)
Previous Healdsburg Jazz Festivals
- 2017 Festival: Pacific Mambo Orchestra, Kenny Garrett, Joe Lovano, Django All-Stars, Michael Butler and more
- 2016 Festival: Billy Hart, Joey Alexander, Julian Lage, Fred Hersch and Anat Cohen, Dr. Michael White and more
- 2015 Festival: Kenny Baron, Trio de Paz, Eddie Palmieri, the Cookers, Wayne Wallace and more
- 2014 Festival: Ron Carter, Joshua Redman, Charlie Musselwhite, Pancho Sanchez and more
- 2013 Festival: Charlie Haden Tribute, Charles Lloyd, Jason Moran, Carla Bley and more
- 2012 Festival: Roy Haynes, Sheila Jordan, Vijay Iyer, Kenny Burrell, Mal Sharpe and more
- 2011 Festival: Fred Hersch, Motema Music, Sangam, Charlie Haden and more
The Healdsburg Jazz Festival is a celebration of the American art form, jazz. Since 1999, the Healdsburg Jazz Festival has been a local event with a growing national reputation.
This 10-day festival of public performances by world-renowned musicians in diverse settings, including the historic Raven Theater, the glamorous Hotel Healdsburg, and several boutique restaurants and wineries, has grown into one of the North Bay’s most celebrated annual musical events.